Saturday, May 27, 2006

Meat Selections in Chuy

Uruguay is known for its beef...the asados, the parilladas, the BBQs. If only I had experienced that aspect. I discovered that they also eat many other sections of the cow!

While in Chuy, Uruguay, which is the rustic sister city of its Brazilian counterpart Xui (also pronounced Chuy), I camped near Carlos´ house. Carlos is a 43-year-old who lives alone, save the many animals wandering the yard, in a one room shack of sorts. We had a great time. It was unfortunately difficult to understand him due to several missing teeth and his large accent.

However, he took me in and we spend the night around a fire talking of dogs, football, the kinds of wines we like as drank some very bad tinto (general red wine), and how long we should leave the meat on.



These crazy hills are everywhere in eastern Uruguay. And they are made by ants. On a side note...I have seen some about the size of half my finger. They´re huge!

The meat was intestines and throat. And Carlos was so nice that he gave me all the leftovers to take with me...meaning that I had sandwhiches for several days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home