Thursday, May 04, 2006

la plaza DE armas DE santiago DE chile

The next few posts all involve life around the Plaza de Armas, one of my favorite spots in Santiago.

Three-card, or in this case disc, monte has been really big lately. The teams working the people are pretty impressive. I only got off about 5 photos before they shooed me off. Scared me off is a better way to say it. "Watch the monkey. Watch the monkey." I have no idea how they pull it off. I vow to never lay money down, because I will not get it back.

Right before this I had the joy of mistakenly walking around the edge of a mime´s show. With a very purple face I helped him entertain the surrounding 200 people or so as I tried on female underwear that he mysteriously pulled out of my bag! Luckily I´m not too easily embarrassed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home