Friday, May 12, 2006

...and he took flight

At the moment I´m in Cordoba as I fly across central Argentina on my way to Uruguay and then Iguaza Falls. Yesterday was mainly spent hitching and bussing. Honestly, the bus systems here are just to die for. If you have time, they are wonderful. We just have nothing like it in the States. The buses are nice, spacious, comfortable, show movies, have blankets...I´m pretty much planning to live on one indefinitely.

Cordoba is another great city. Slightly larger than Mendoza, this college town is really lively. More nice plazas and peatonal (pedestrian) ways.
Oh, and I found a super-cheap hostel. We´re talking $3!! It is pretty nasty...but the people and the price are nice.
Speaking of housing options...these are usually the choices: Hotel. Apart Hotel. Hostel. Hosteria. Hospedaje. Alojamiento. Residencia. And I still have almost no idea what the difference is after a year down here - But I doubt what I´m currently in is a hotel!

Already I can see that traveling like this will be difficult. I do not find myself all that amusing...and the guitar gets tiring after several hours! I´d really like to meet someone to travel with, but everyone I´ve met thus far has differing plans, even if just for the short-run. I´m meeting some friends at Iguazu, and hopefully my pace will slow somewhat thereafter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home