Saturday, May 20, 2006

Montevideo...

...probably the most relaxed capital that I have ever seen. People are friendly, the views are pretty, and the hamburgers are insanely cheap and amazing.

I spent 2 nights staying out a little too early and getting up a little too late to fully appreciate all that Uruguay´s largest city of 1.5 million or so inhabitants has to offer. However, I loved the small 2-man-run burger/chorizo(that´s sausage) trailers on every corner. (They reminded me of the hotdog booths at a traveling circus or the state fair.) For about $1 you could find yourself inundated with about 20 condiments ranging from steamed cauliflower to chimichurri to corn to mayo on top of a small little hamburger patty! I visited several of them and was pleasantly greeted at every rolling establishment.

Unfortunately I failed to take any pictures of them. Maybe some other Uruguayan towns will have the same wheeled wonders. When I finally get around to getting some fotos up, everyone will have to let me know if it´s obvious. I have only one lens: 50mm. Hopefully I will still find some variety in shots, but we´ll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home