Thursday, July 20, 2006

4th of July and the Birth of Something...And BoobiePoopie for Jacob!

I realized it was July 4th about halfway through the day. I was walking around Isla del Sol on Lake Titicaca (my friend Jacob first introduced me to its little-known reference of Lake BoobiePoopie!). Oh, and Titicaca holds the amazing superlative of the World´s Highest (Navigable) Lake. I´m not too sure about that one!



Views from Isla del Sol. Isla de la Luna is below in the distance. It was where Incan virgens were safely kept for ritual purposes!



Isla del Sol is the sacred birthplace of the two primary Incan gods...whose names I am forgetting. It has several small villages and accompanying ruins from its glorious past. Although touristy, it was luckily not overboard and unbearable like some locations...allowing for several very tranquil nights on the island.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home