Sunday, April 02, 2006

A Long Absence

¡Bienvenidos a Buenos Aires!



This group of friendly "protest-quieters" greeted me upon my return to Argentina´s capital city after a 4 year absence. As is always the case in Argentina, there happened to be a protest (this one about the airlines) exactly where I met Meaghan and Tim at the foot of the obelisk in the city´s heart.



It took me two hours to reach them from the airport thanks to horrible traffic. Apparently Chile´s newly-inaugurated president Bachelet visited about an hour before I met them, causing major traffic arteries to be jammed enough for a quadruple bi-pass.

-------------

It was wonderful to return to this amazing city. It was a homecoming of sorts as I immediately was swept into a birthday party for with the Brusadin family, some close friends of Meaghan´s from when she studied in Argentina.



Hernan and I. The whole family below.





Hugo, the father of the bunch, turned 65.



It was wonderful to actually converse with the family because 4 years ago my spanish just wasn´t up to par. The night involved more food than should ever be eaten and plenty of laughter. It was the start of a great trip.

Mea and Tim kept occupied with shipping the motorcycle to Spain, but we still found time to get out and around town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home