Monday, December 05, 2005

Las Últimas Noticias

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Álvaro Durán

Oh...I love journalism.

The exposé en Las Últimas Noticias was a little humbling...and hillarious. I simply thought that the article from last week´s interview wasn´t gonna make it to the press because:
A) I didn´t think 2 singing gringos were that news-worthy
B) Mauricio, the journalist, said it would be out by the weekend
C) Again, a few college students getting free rides on buses by serenading the awe-stricken passengers with folksy classics from years gone by --- it´s just not worth putting on the third page of what is one of Santiago´s largest daily newspapers!

You can see how much what I think matters.

Here´s what the article says. Danielle is interesting and had a legitimate reason for singing on micros - she was researching a school paper. Kit, on the other hand, just gets on the micros to say he´s from rural America, doesn´t take too well to the city life, and speaks poor español.

In one part of the article it has me quoted as saying people are "mucho amable," which I did not say. That´s like saying, "Those people were LOTS OF FRIENDLY AND NICE." I read the article first online, where it lacks the italics that are in the printed version, which I like to think give it a comical sense! I admit that Danielle speaks better than me, quite a bit actually, but I did not say mucho amable. I´m sure I said something like, "La gente en las micros es muy amable."

Oh, and 2 people recognized me before I had even seen the article. That was a surprise to say the least!
--------
Other than an article in the newspaper...I´ve been studying: wrote a 6 page paper over the weekend, took an exam this morning, have another tomorrow, and have 2 more papers to pump out. It´s exam week!

And then the family arrives. Jamie and the ´rents are flying in, but Meaghan and her boyfriend Tim arrive fashionably on their motorcycle. They left the same week as me in August from Utah . They´ve cruised through all of Central America and have had to zoom through the northwestern section of South America to make it down here to Santiago in time. They´re LOTS OF amazing! www.viajerosdelmundo.blogspot.com

3 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Blogger Caleb Michael said...

It's nice to see how you've made a positive impact on the foreign press.

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Corey said...

Hey, Kit! Brendan sent me the link to your blog and I spent a good part of Friday catching up with all of your adventures. It sounds like you've had some truly amazing opportunities - they have been fascinating to read about. I'm glad you're getting the chance to experience so much. And your pictures are great. Can't wait to hear what comes next.

Best wishes,
Corey

 
At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kit are you still around?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home